Carolina Cares: Need Help or Want to Know How to Help?
Now more than ever, local businesses and restaurants around Charlotte and the Carolinas need our help. We will be compiling a list of local businesses that are operating on limited hours and restaurants that will offer delivery, pickup or gift cards during the pandemic. If you know a local business that is open, encourage them to reach out to us (form available here). Check back often as the list will be updated.
You can also help out organizations providing warm meals, school supplies and more around Charlotte and the Carolinas. See how you can help these organizations below:
- The American Red Cross is currently facing a severe blood shortage during this coronavirus outbreak.
- Healthy blood and platelet donors are asked to make an appointment to give now. Learn more here.
- Bags of Hope welcomes volunteers and donations at their Lake Norman location
- Sponsor a meal for Charlotte's Community Matters cafe. You can also send letters of hope and encouragement. Learn more here
- The foundation’s new COVID-19 Relief Fund will support critical needs of families and students and extend academic instruction during the closure. Learn more and donate here
- In partnership with Mecklenburg County, the City of Charlotte, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, corporations, houses of faith and others, the COVID-19 Response Fund helps those most in need through the support of nonprofit organizations.Learn more and donate here
- Formerly known as the Mooresville Soup Kitchen, Feed NC welcomes volunteers to deliver meals to people who are home-bound.
- You can also donate toiletries for Blessing Bags. Learn more here
- The follow items are needed: face shields, surgical masks, N95 NIOSH rated face masks, isolation /surgical gowns, approved hand sanitizers, germicidal wipes, handmade masks wipes and sprays. Get more info here
- All programs have been suspended, both in classrooms and on the TowneBank Opportunity HQ campus. To support Junior Achievement with a gift, click here. To find virtual resources during this time, click here.
- The group is raising money to give high-quality, well-balanced meals to the homeless. Donate here
- The Community Cafe is seeking monetary donations and volunteers to assist with their Charlotte food truck. Learn more here
- The Loyalist Market, along with other local businesses, is raising money to provide free lunches to Charlotte-area kids
Click here to find out more ways to give back to the Charlotte community!
Check out these free or discounted services throughout the community
- Beginning Monday, March 30th, Atlantic Wraps and the Stallings Police Department are providing car seat sanitizing free of charge! First responder vehicles will be complimentary also, by appointment. All disinfectants and sanitizers are registered with the FDA and the EPA for public safety. This will be done at the Atlantic Wraps facility located in Matthews at 4108 Matthews Indian Trail Road 28104. Get more info here
- Buckhead Meats of North Carolina is offering a meat sale to the public on Wednesdays and Fridays between 10 am-2 pm with first responders having first access from 9-10 am. Buckhead Meat of NC is located at 3516 Green Park Circle Charlotte, NC 28217. See a list of menu items & get more info here
- Looking for a job? Check out the upcoming career fairs in Concord, Greensboro and other cities throughout the Carolinas! Click here for more info
- Keep an eye out for family meal specials like cajun jambalaya with chicken and pork sausage, sautéed peppers, and green beans, plus cookies, for just $24, feeding a family of six! Limited quantities available, so check here for their latest specials and place your order now by emailing email@example.com
- Hampton Inn and Hilton Inn are offering medical professionals discounted rates at their properties. Enjoy a one-night stay for $99 or an extended stay (7-days or more) for $79 a night. Contact Ashlee Mione Shadwick at 954-290-3029 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- SPAN Enterprises will be giving out prepackaged meals to truck drivers that have been keeping goods and supplies going in the supply chain during COVID-19. Meals will be given at the rest area on I-77 Southbound, mile marker 66, near Richburg, SC, on Saturday, March 28th at 11 am!
- Customers can visit any participating Steak ‘n Shake drive-thru and request an order of French fries – on the house. Completely free, no caveats. A thank you from the Steak ‘n Shake family for sticking together by remaining apart.
- Waiter's Choice is offering meals for a family of four for just $25 plus free delivery! Choose from nine entree options and pick two sides. Dinner rolls included. Call 704-393-0009 or email email@example.com. Get more info here