People moving to Colorado is certainly not a NEW phenomenon. But it has been a little quieter news with EVERYTHING else going on this past year. That said, it's been exploding!
Millennials currently make up the largest segment of the U.S. labor force. As such, any migration patterns—whether between rural and urban areas, downtown and suburbia, or metro-to-metro—will boost the talent pool of those on the winning side.
Commercial Cafe set out to determine the most attractive metro areas for this age group, by measuring performance across seven indicators:
- Millennial population growth between 2014-2018
- Proportion of millennials in the overall population
- Regional price parity
- Millennial unemployment rate
- Percentage of millennials in the labor force, with a bachelor’s degree
- Percentage of millennials with employer-based health insurance
- Commuting times
Denver comes out on top overall, although not first in any particular category. Check out the list, and a cool interactive map at Commercial Cafe. Then, be ready to welcome some new neighbors!