Incendio! Creamed Corn
What you need:
1 pound of frozen corn
12 ounces whipping cream (the most unhealthy kind)
2 Tablespoons of butter
2 Tablespoons of flour
1 ½ Teaspoons of salt
2 Tablespoons of sugar
½ Teaspoon of "Accent" flavor enhancer
2 Teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper (adjust either way for comfort or pain)
½ Cup of grated Parmesan cheese
3 fresh jalapenos (keep the seeds if you want the heat)
- Open the corn and throw it into a pot (frozen) and add in the whipping cream. Bring this up to a boil.
- After you reach boiling, separate the corn from the cream and set aside. Keep the cream on the heat!
- On a separate burner, make a rue with the butter and flower.
- Slowly add the heavy cream to the rue stirring. Let it simmer and thicken as you continue to stir (3-5 minutes).
- Add the rest of your seasoning ingredients to the rue.
- Combine the corn with the rue and stir on low heat.
- Add in the Parmesan and the fresh jalapenos and simmer until you’re ready to serve.