Amazon is projected to employ 25,000 people with an average salary of $150,000
The Pen Place project (estimated to begin in 2025)
- A 370,000 square feet spiral-shaped building with lush indoor garden spaces, an Artist in Residence program, a 1,500-person meeting center, and an outdoor hill climb landscaped with plants and trees from the Virginia mountains
- The Helix and its exterior hill climb will be open to the public select weekends every month.
- Over 2.5 acres of public open space and connected walkways that will support a variety of programming, dog run, 250-seat amphitheater, water feature, flexible central green, recreated woodlands, and public art installations.
- Approximately 100,000 square feet of retail including dedicated retail pavilions and walkways and over 12 retail spaces for local retailers, restaurants with outdoor and rooftop seating.
- A childcare center.
- The plaza areas will also support farmers markets and food vendors.
- A 20,000 square foot community space that can support education, science, and technology and be flexible enough to accommodate everything from large community meetings to small classes and quiet individual use.
Metropolitan Park (estimated to start in mid-2023)
2.1 million square feet of sustainable office space in two LEED Platinum buildings
Over 500 bike spaces plus 120 visitor bike spaces
- Over 2.5 acres of new and renovated park space with an art walk, playground, gathering spaces, native landscaping and tree canopy and a dog run.
- 69,000 square feet of ground-floor retail including local retailers, restaurants, childcare and a dog daycare.
- 700-person meeting center available for community use